By Odey Lukpata.
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in conjunction with the Police Service Commission (PSC) is inviting applications from interested and qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force as Police Constable (Recruits). This is in line with the mandate of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc(+), NPM, fdc to upgrade the manpower of the Force for better and efficient service delivery to the national.
According to the Force Public Relations Officer, CP Frank Mba, the online application portal will be open for a period of six weeks from 29th November, 2021 to 10th January, 2022. Interested applicants are to log on to the Nigeria Police Online recruitment portal, www.policerecruitment.gov.ng and complete the application registration form within the specified period.
Below is the method of application:
- i) Applicants MUST have their National Identification Number (NIN), a functional Email Address and valid Phone Number before they commence the application;
- ii) Applicants must have duly scanned copy of their original O’Level result(s) to be uploaded on the portal.
iii) Visit www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
- iv) Fill and SUBMIT the Online Form. (Review the information before final submission).
- v) Applicants must print their completed online forms, guarantor forms and submit same at the recruitment physical/examination screening centres.
4) Applicants must have passion for a career in the Nigeria Police Force and must satisfy the following general Requirements:
- a) Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN).
- b) Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- c) Applicants must be aged between 17- 25 years.
- d) Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.67m tall for male and 1.64m tall for female.
- e) Applicants must not have less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- f) Female Applicants must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
- g) Applicants must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
5) Any applicant suffering from any one of the underlisted abnormalities or deformities shall not be accepted for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force.
- a) Impediment in speech
- b) Knock knees
- c) Bow legs
- d) Bent knees. i.e. knees which cannot be straightened when standing at attention.
- e) Deformed hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand.
- f) Defective eyesight or squints eyes.
- g) Amputation of any part of the body
6) The applicants that meet the above requirements and successfully complete their online registration would be invited for physical screening at all State Commands, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command, from 10th January, 2022 to 24th January, 2022.
7) Successful candidates at every stage of the recruitment screening process will be contacted through the email and phone number provided by the candidates during registration.
- The Nigeria Police Force shall not enter into any correspondences with candidates for this exercise aside from its portal or candidates’ emails.