By Odey Lukpata.
As the long awaited Ten Thousand (10,000) Nigeria Police Constables recruitment portal is launched, there are prerequisite for enlistment into the Force without which an applicable is declared ineligible for recruitment. These requirements are as follows:
- Nationality:An applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN).
- Age: Applicant must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 25 years of age.
- Education: Applicant must have an O’ Level certificate at least five credits level passes including Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Character: Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Height: Applicant must not be less than 1.67 meters in height for men and 1.64 meters for women.
- Chest Measurement: Applicant must not have less than 86 cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Physical Features: Applicant must not have any one of the following abnormalities or deformities: Speech Impediment, Knock Knees, Bow Legs, Bent Knees, Flat Feet, and Deformed Hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand. In addition, applicant must not have any Tattoos, Bodily Scar, Defective Eyesight or Squint Eyes, Amputation of any part of the body, Gross Malformation of teeth, and Protruding Navel.
- Pregnancy: Applicant must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
- Financial Status: Applicant must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- Guarantors’ Form: Applicant must download and fill the Guarantors’ Form, presenting verifiable references from any two (2) of the following: Traditional Rulers, Magistrate, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational Institutions attended.